Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday and Pictures

Here's a link to pictures.. I hope it works.

http://s1185.photobucket.com/albums/z347/cooperky/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

Putting up pictures on here doesnt work that well and takes a long time. Today I woke up to no one home except two workers finishing some thing on the house. The one worker knew what my breakfast was and I found out later he is like a maid.. he does dishes, works on the house, and will take my clothes to be dry cleaned. I had toast with smuckers peanut butter and jelly.. the kind thats all mixed together in one bottle.. but it was really good. Then I did some things for school and then ate lunch at 1 which was a really thin steak with rice and a salad of avacado, beans, and onions... it was all very good. In Ecuador they eat a big lunch instead of a big dinner like in the States. Then JuanFrancisco took me to pick up Katy and we went to a town in Quito called Murisucral.. I think. But there are a lot of little shops and small bars so we went to a few. Then we went to the old part of Quito.. the historical and central part. We went to a huge catholic church and went inside for a dollar. The ceilings were really tall.. like 70-80 feet high or more with stained glass everywhere. It was really interesting to see. Some people go there to pray throughout the day but otherwise its pretty much empty except on holidays maybe. Then we walked to Ecuadors "white house".. where the president lives. I think there was a protest going on because there were lots of people yelling something and a ton of police around with guns and shields. We took some pictures and then left just in case something happned but it was cool to see. The cab ride home was not soo good. It took over an hour becuase he didn't know how to get to my house. He would stop and ask random people on the streets directions and then try to talk to me in spanish which didnt work.. it was a little scary for a bit but I finally made it home. Tomorrow we leave for Mindol at 815 am. We take a 2 hour bus ride to the town and do some exploring. Hopefully you can figure out what the pictures are.. its hard to write descriptions for all of them!

4 comments:

  1. Kyle,
    Pictures turned out great! The house looks beautiful, don't get to comfy you will be coming home with me on Jan 3. lol Have a great trip with the girls and be safe.
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle,
    The photos are awesome! I love the paintings hanging in the home. :-) And the home is beautiful. Amazing bathroom! I really enjoy your descriptions of the food you eat. Keep posting and I will be reading. Take care,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates and pictures Kyle. It's cool to get to hear and see a little about what is going on! Keep on having fun and stay safe!! Even in those taxi's!!!

    Pam (Heather's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kyle, Glad to hear that you made it to Quito safely. The house looks awesome! Can you post some pics of the family that you're living with? Good luck teaching next week. By the way, Felix says if he has a chance to hunt, he'll try to save a buck for you for next year! Be careful!

    Lanae

    ReplyDelete